The Market Place was partially paved and a pillory built.
The first Market Cross was erected in the Market Place.
The Market Cross erected in 1385 was replaced with a new one.
The town built a large building on the Market for use by the butchers.
The third Market Cross was erected and the Market was extended to the north.
The paving of the Market Place was completed.
A fourth Market Cross was erected, it was circular and supported on pillars. The Pillory was removed.
There were riots in the Market Place and the gaol was broken open by the mob.
The stocks opposite the Hospital School were last used.
The pump was erected in the Market Place to supply water.
A whole ox was roasted in the Market Place to celebrate the Coronation of George IV.
The last Market Cross was removed and sold for £55.6.0.
The Market Pump was removed.
21 schools were given dinner in the Market Place to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.
A brass tablet was placed in the Market Place to mark the site of the Market Cross.
The Corporation purchased a motor road sweeper for the Market Place for £500.
One way working was introduced around Theatre Plain, Regent Road (top), King Street and Market Place.
An historic cannon found near the Armoury, Southtown Road, was placed outside the Fisherman’s Hospital on a replica carriage.
The Market was pedestrianised.
A stone tablet was set in the Market Place to mark the site of the Market Pump.
The official opening ceremony for the pedestrianised Market Place.
800th anniversary of the Royal Charter of 1208 visit and walkabout by HRH Princess Anne.
Visit by HRH Prince Charles the Prince of Wales.