The Ice House, on the south west side of the bridge, is thatched and constructed of gault brick, was one of two built in 1859-62, (the other was demolished). They stored ice taken from the Broads and imported from Scandinavia, for use in the fishing industry.
Date Listed: 9 December 1976
English Heritage Building ID: 468432Ice house, now general storage building. Early C19. Restored
1990 by Olley & Haward (architect TR Bird). Gault brick under
a thatched roof. One storey. 8 bays to north and south side,
separated by stepped buttresses, diagonal to corners.