The Old Vicarage

The oldest part of the house is a wing which dates from the 17th century. The southern part was built by the Corporation in 1718 and in 1781 it was extended into the churchyard. The windows are mostly 19th and 20th century. At one time, it was the home of Sir Astley Cooper, surgeon to Queen Victoria.

Get Directions Heritage Map